Sunday 23 February 2014

Welcome To My World!

This blog has been about five years in development.  It has sat in the world in my head, shifting in shape and molding slowly rather like a stbborn heavy fist of of clay.  So I decided to write, to keep writing and see what happens. 

You see I love ceramics, mainly from the 20th Centuary, but not exclusively.   I am in the UK and as such have most access to UK pottery which I guess is the reason for most of my interest being British based, but if I like something, I like it.  Scandinavian pottery often sets my pulse racing!  Like most people with an interest, I also have a collection, which at times gets out of hand.  Scouring Carboots, fairs and the internet is an addiction and the result is at times a little overwhelming.  Once upon a time I rented space in a antiques centre to help manage my collection, but alas the time it took was too much and it has now closed.

So here I am starting out on a new path, a path where hopefully I can share my interest and perhaps my collection with like minded potty people.  So welcome to my world of ceramics, I am Jane and it is good to meet you!


Beswisk Bluetits from the 1930's

No comments:

Post a Comment